This was completed using tutorials form Lifebook 2017. I am planning on working on nose shading and mouth and adding some details so she’s not quite finished yet. I need to add a word or phrase onto her to take into 2017 and figure out how I am going to add the words that were on stars in a basket (as a pocket) on the front….I feel like as my paper was smaller there wasn’t room for the basket.
As I’ve not really done any drawing and painting of girls for over a month and she is fairly big (between A4 and A3) I am fairly happy with her. I love, love, love the colours and although I tried to use neocolours I ended up using my Winsor and Newton watercolours because I just love the turquoise, rose madder, cerulean blue combo! Then I used neo-coloyrsb for backgrounds and the aura around her.
I loved the tutorial-I do need to take the time to stop and re-watch as I go along for the bits where i want to focus on improving….I was very pleased that I did a decent fix on what turned out to be quite wonky eyes once I’d added colour.
This is the first big art I’ve done in a while and despite being very tired (thanks to sleeping downstairs stopping the dog from barking) I feel pretty energised (well I’m blogging and not asleep and I am a 8-10 hrs sleep or I’m a zombie kind of gal!). I’m not going to talk through the process as it is from a paid for tutorial but I’ve popped up my step by step pictures so you can see it taking shape.